Monday, October 1, 2012
Leaf Print Turkeys and Squirrels
Full instructions are coming right up but first...........
Speaking of Squirrels check out this adorable one in this week's giveaway. (I'm still having issues with the photos, are you listening blogger! but you can click on any to enlarge)
I just love the acorn!
This week's feature book and giveaway is "How to Make Stuffed Animals" by Sian Keegan. Another great selection from my friends at Quarry Books.
This book features large photos and full size patterns. (no enlarging!) All projects can be completed with "fat quarters" so you don't need alot of fabric kicking around.
There are 18 projects in all and wait till you see the fox and the fluffy sheep.
- 128 pgs.
- 300 illustrations/photos
- paperback, 8.5 x 10 inches
- suggested retail $27.99 CAN, $24.99 US
Here is my youngest at 6 sewing his frog.
Check out the end of this post to enter the giveaway.
But let's get back to the leaf prints:
- assorted leaves in different sizes, look for good veining on the back
- liquid tempera paint in Fall colours
- my template if needed
- cardboard, posterboard, or heavy paper for the background (substrate)
- white paper for printing
- coloured paper (brown, yellow, red, black)
- brown kraft paper or paper bag
- white pencil crayon
- embellishments, googly eyes, scraps of felt, twigs, pinecone
Paint if needed.
Following the circle you traced, lay the leaf paint side down and press.
Vary the sizes, types and paint colour.
For the squirrel make a stack from largest to smallest, you could even put a bit of a curve in it.
Cut out the extra parts of the turkey out of the coloured paper.
You need a circle of Kraft paper/paper bag. a long pear shape for the head, a triangle of yellow for the beak, and a squiggle of red.
You can use my template if needed.
Lastly you can add some black paper strips glued down to form a nice frame.
I cut the shape out and added a few details with the white pencil crayon.
That's it, a great Thanksgiving project.
How to Make Stuffed Animals" by Sian Keegan please enter by one of the following:
- leave a comment on this post
- like or comment on this link on my Facebook page
- send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter by 11:59pm on Thursday Oct 4th/12 and I will make the draw Friday Oct 5th/12.
Only US and Canadian residents please.
Good luck everyone and be sure to try some leaf print turkeys or squirrels. Great decorations for Thanksgiving!
Disclaimer: Review copy of How to Make Stuffed Animals provided by Quarry Books. All opinions expressed are my own.