At first I was going to get the kids to cut their own versions from fabric and then mount them on posterboard but I thought it would be more interesting to get the kids to create their own print.
The original was made from lace.
- white paper
- tempera paints
- assorted odds and ends for printing, i.e. cardboard, bottle tops
- plasticine or modelling clay (optional)
- scraps of ribbon or printed fabric
- embellishments for collar
- black paper
- black markers or pencil crayons
Take a large piece of white paper and paint your background color.
Here I'm using bits of corrugated cardboard, bottle tops, ends of pencils........whatever you have around that would make an interesting design.
I keep some scrap paper nearby as it's usually the 2nd or 3rd print you want. Use the scrap paper as a blot for your first print.
Cut it out.
Then glue this to a black piece of paper as a mount.
See you next week.