Sunday, March 11, 2012
This is the Grade 2 project. They are currently studying water, learning about buoyancy, why boats float, types of boats, etc.
- pre primed canvas, I buy the Michael's Value 10 packs when on sale, you can also use cardboard
- drywall compound, I bought a large bucket for $20 and the whole school has used it
- spatulas, old gift cards, plastic knives, or even rectangles of cardboard for spreading
- wax paper
- cardboard scraps
- Aleene's Tacky glue or a glue gun (to be used by an adult)
- colored tape
- Mod podge for sealing, optional
Place on top of your canvas or cardboard to make sure it fits.
Set shapes aside for now.
Take a little bit of drywall compound and put on a recycled plate. Place your canvas on top of wax paper.
Spread the compound on the bottom 3rd of the canvas making wave patterns.
Set aside to dry.
Leave shapes to dry.
Paint your canvas background.
Add little flags with colored tape.
I hope to show you some student results shortly.
See you soon.