Friday, November 30, 2012
Easy Wreath Ideas
Your kids can whip them up in no time with supplies you already have on hand.
- 2 round containers for tracing, one small, one larger
- pencil, scissors
- fleecy "fake" snow from the dollar store, you want the fabric not the loose stuff. You could also use white felt.
- tacky glue
- heavy posterboard or bristol
- template if needed
- watercolor pan paints, tempera, or even colored pencils
- a little glitter glue
- a few sequins, beads, gems or other embellishments
- ribbon or string for hanging
Put some tacky glue on your cardboard wreath.
If you want to use my shapes check out my template HERE.
Paint on a little colour. Use some fine sharpie for outlining and details.
Add some glitter.
A nice way to add definition to your shapes is to add some black on the edges. I use a black crayon. Place your shape on top of a piece of paper and then rub a little crayon right on the edge of your shape.
You can see by the 2 stars what a difference it makes.
I also added some gems to the stars.
Add a ribbon or string for hanging.
For my bluejay wreath I added some fir garland.
More holiday ideas to come.