This is a cute Valentine project for your bulletin board, art journal or to go home for Mom and Dad.
You can also add text if you want.
- wc paper or heavy painting paper for background
- blue disk tempera
- rubbing alcohol spray or piece of household sponge
- white liquid tempera or acrylic
- white cardstock or poster board
- black, red and orange paper scraps
- oil pastels
- glitter glue and text, optional
Tape off your background paper. Using blue disk tempera paint your background.
To give your background texture and make it look like it's snowing try one of these techniques:
- spray on some rubbing alcohol, I just buy it from the dollar store (supervise the kiddos for this one)
- spray some plain water (not quite as effective as alcohol but works)
- sponge on a little white tempera
Out of some white cardstock or poster board cut 3 circles. I traced around 3 different tapes I had lying around.
Cut out circles.
I want to define my circles a bit so I took a white oil pastel and outlined the circles. I have kids place it on a scrap piece of paper and colour on the outline so that it is half on the circle and half on the paper.
Repeat with a touch of black. Just a touch we don't want a muddy snowman.
With your finger smudge that pastel around the outline, you should get a grey smudge.
Glue on your circles, overlapping them.
Now add your details. Cut out a hat from the black paper scraps and glue it on. Use oil pastel to add eyes, mouth and arms.
Add a red paper heart and an orange paper carrot nose.
You can also add some text if you want and that's it.
I think they are adorable!